Join our team for the Thames Path Challenge!
9th and 10th September
What is it?
One of England’s greatest rivers provides a fantastic backdrop for an unforgettable walking challenge. Over 3,000 adventurers will join the Putney Bridge start, and the full 100km route heads upstream to Henley along the famous Towpath. It’s through Richmond, Hampton Court, Runnymede, and Windsor, with some wonderful scenery to a riverside finish line. 50km & 25km distance options are also available.
Whether you are an individual challenger, a group of friends or want to join as a corporate team, please contact us to hear more about the challenge and what offers are available to register. Click to find out more.
What support will I get?
Create your own online fundraising page – it’s the easiest way to get sponsored! When you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome pack that has everything you need to know about fundraising, including lots of ideas, helpful tips and resources to use at any fundraising events you may hold.
Fundraising Target: £800
You’ll receive the following support and resources:
- Your own branded Able Child Africa running vest
- Regular communications from our fundraising team with ideas for events and information about our work
- A dedicated Able Child Africa contact who will provide you with unlimited support
- An Able Child Africa team leader on the walk itself
- The knowledge that you are supporting an organisation in 2022 alone directly supported 705 children and young people with disabilities in Africa, trained 175 teachers in inclusive teaching methods, supported 1,064 parents of children with disabilities, and worked with 128 government officials and ministers advocating for improvements in disability inclusion at a local and national level.