The Virgin Money London Marathon is the largest annual fundraising event on the planet – runners have raised more than £1 billion for good causes since the race began in 1981. If you'd like to get involved and apply for a space on our team, here's how:
Our 2020 London Marathon team is now full. To register your interest for 2021 please get in touch.
Fundraising Pledge: £1,500
Why Run For Able Child Africa?
The London Marathon is a fantastic fundraiser for us, with our 2019 runners collectively raising over £66,000! We value each and every marathon runner who chooses to fundraise for Able Child Africa. Whether you’re running as an Own Place runner or have received one of our Golden Bond places in the 2020 London Marathon, you’ll receive the following support and resources.
- An Able Child Africa fundraising pack, including posters for events, sponsorship forms and helpful fundraising tips
- Your own branded Able Child Africa running vest
- Regular communications from our fundraising team with ideas for events and information about our work
- A dedicated Able Child Africa contact who will provide you with unlimited support
- An Able Child Africa cheering squad on the day
- The knowledge that you are supporting an organisation which, in 2018 alone, supported over 2,470 children and youth with disabilities, trained 901 teachers with inclusive teaching methods, worked with over 850 parents and carers of children with disabilities and undertook advocacy work with 74 government officials
I felt incredibly supported from the very first e-mail confirming my place running for Able Child Africa. Emily was in constant contact throughout the process, offering help, encouragement and kind words. I never felt alone. My whole experience was just amazing.– Able Child Africa runner, 2017
Create your own online fundraising page – it’s the easiest way to get sponsored!
When you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome pack that has everything you need to know about fundraising, including lots of ideas, helpful tips and resources to use at any fundraising events you may hold. We recommend you break your target into manageable chunks and create a plan to help you reach your goals. We’ll be here every step of the way to give you extra support and help ensure you meet your target. Share your page on Facebook, Twitter and by email so your family, friends and colleagues can sponsor you.
Please Note: The London Marathon Is Organised By The Virgin Money London Marathon Team. Find Out More On The Virgin Money London Marathon Website.