“It’s Big. It’s Bold. It’s Gutsy. It’s The UK’s One And Only Disability Sports Series For The Everyday Superhero!”
Take on the challenge!
Ways To Participate: Flying Solo – Team-Up – Super Sidekick
Fundraising Target: £275 Per Participant Or £800 For A Team Of 3
Inclusive For All
The Superhero Series Triathlon is back for another year, and we have several spaces available for superheroes to join in with the fun! This event is an exciting and different mass-participation challenger, where people with disabilities call the shots, cut-off times are non-existent and the focus is on taking part and having fun!
As with all triathlons, the challenge will include a section of running, swimming and cycling.
There are three ways for superheroes to take part:
- Flying Solo (taking on the mission solo)
- Team-Up (friends and family can help to complete a section of the race)
- Super Sidekick (recruit a sidekick to power you around the whole course!)
Teams can choose how best to use their super powers to get around the course – the event is flexible and all about the best way to support our superheroes.
Participants can also choose from a range of levels of triathlon:
- Super Sprint (150m swim, 3k bike, 1k push/run)
- Half Tri (400m swim, 10k bike, 2.5k push/run)
- Full Tri (750m swim, 20k bike, 5k push/run)
Fundraising For Able Child Africa
Create your own online fundraising page – it’s the easiest way to get sponsored!
80% of people with disabilities live in developing countries, and 150 million are children. We need your superhero help to help us fight stigma, prejudice and social exclusion and to power the lives of our fellow superheroes around the world!
We are asking our amazing Superheroes to pledge to raise £275 each towards our work with children with disabilities and young people in sub-Saharan Africa.
While you are preparing for your challenge, you’ll receive:
- An Able Child Africa fundraising pack, including posters for events, sponsorship forms, and helpful fundraising tips and tricks
- Regular communications without our fundraising team with ideas for events and information about the work we do
- A dedicated Able Child Africa contact who will provide super-charged support to help you reach your fundraising target
- The knowledge that you are supporting an organisation which, in 2018 alone, supported over 2,470 children and youth with disabilities, trained 901 teachers with inclusive teaching methods, worked with over 850 parents and carers of children with disabilities and undertook advocacy work with 74 government officials
What do you do now…?
Find out more about the event by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Superhero Tri’.
Please note: This event is organised by the Superhero Series. Find out more on the Superhero Series website.