The TCS London Marathon is the largest annual fundraising event on the planet – runners have raised more than £1 billion for important causes since it began in 1981. If you'd like to get involved and apply for a space on our team, here's how:
We are open for applications to take part in the London Marathon 2024. Get involved in one of the biggest celebration and running events in the world!
Fundraising Pledge: £1,750
Why Run For Able Child Africa?
The London Marathon is a fantastic fundraiser for us, with our 2023 runners collectively raising over £70,000! We value each and every marathon runner who chooses to fundraise for Able Child Africa. You’ll receive the following support and resources.
- Your own branded Able Child Africa running vest
- Regular communications from our fundraising team with ideas for events and information about our work
- A dedicated Able Child Africa contact who will provide you with unlimited support
- An Able Child Africa cheering squad on the day
- The knowledge that you are supporting an organisation in 2022 alone directly supported 705 children and young people with disabilities in Africa, trained 175 teachers in inclusive teaching methods, supported 1,064 parents of children with disabilities, and worked with 128 government officials and ministers advocating for improvements in disability inclusion at a local and national level.
I felt incredibly supported from the very first e-mail confirming my place running for Able Child Africa. The team at Able Child Africa were in constant contact throughout the process, offering help, encouragement and kind words. I never felt alone. My whole experience was just amazing.– Able Child Africa runner, 2019
Create your own online fundraising page – it’s the easiest way to get sponsored!
When you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome pack that has everything you need to know about fundraising, including lots of ideas, helpful tips and resources to use at any fundraising events you may hold. We recommend you break your target into manageable chunks and create a plan to help you reach your goals. We’ll be here every step of the way to give you extra support and help ensure you meet your target. Share your page on Facebook, Twitter and by email so your family, friends and colleagues can sponsor you.
Please Note: The London Marathon organised by TCS. Please visit the TCS London Marathon website for more information regarding the event.